Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

How to Report a Suspected Violation of Academic Integrity

An instructor within LSA who believes academic misconduct has occurred may either resolve the matter directly with the student or file a complaint of academic misconduct with the LSA Office of Student Academic Affairs, who will then handle the case. Staff members who suspect academic dishonesty should submit the matter directly to the LSA Office of Student Academic Affairs. Reports of academic misconduct must be submitted within two months of the date of the incident.

Please note that reports of academic dishonesty may only be made by faculty and staff. If you are a student and have a concern, please talk directly with your instructor. Additionally, any concerns regarding non-coursework outside of LSA should be direct to the appropriate office (e.g. The Office of Admissions, Office of Student Conflict Resolution).

Faculty and staff are encouraged to contact the LSA Office of Student Academic Affairs for consultation prior to reporting potential incidents of academic misconduct. Our staff can answer questions about the process before an incident is formally reported. Similarly, students who have questions or concerns can reach out to the Office of Student Academic Affairs ( or the LSA Honor Council.