UNDERGRADUATE INTERNSHIP: Herpetological Survey Intern with the City of Ann Arbor, Michigan, Department of Parks and Recreation, Natural Area Preservation... Apply by:
An intern position with the City of Ann Arbor, Michigan, Department of Parks and Recreation, Natural Area Preservation.
- Establish and maintain a relationship with volunteers to gather survey data and feedback on NAP’s Herpetological Survey Programs
- Manage and enter data supplied by volunteers
- Assemble reports and summary tables of inventory progress and findings
- Evaluate volunteer recruitment systems and make recommendations
- Assist staff and volunteer leaders during in-field trainings and surveys
- Coordinate materials for Herpetological Survey Kick-Offs & Trainings
- Other Outreach and Inventory tasks as needed
*The majority of these responsibilities will be office-based.
- Jr/Sr/Grad in Natural Resources, Biology, Community Relations, or related field
- Friendly, outgoing personality, suitable for working with the public and volunteers; placing phone calls, writing emails, and in-person meetings
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access databases,ArcGIS10, and Crystal Reports
- Proficiency with Microsoft software suite
- Specialized knowledge in herpetology, taxonomy, field identification, habitat requirements and life histories of Michigan species
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Experience working with volunteers desired, but not required
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision and in a team environment
DATES OF INTERNSHIP: Flexible, up to 15 hours per week.
COMPENSATION: Unpaid or work-study.
TO APPLY: Send resume, cover letter, and three references to Tina Roselle, Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator, Natural Area Preservation, 1831 Traver Rd. Ann Arbor, MI 48105 or to firstname.lastname@example.org, 734.794.6627by Wednesday, February 27th, 2013.