Who We Are and What We Do
LSA Newnan Academic Advisors are here to support you during your time at Michigan. Our advisors come from varied backgrounds and life experiences and have majored in the liberal arts as undergraduates, attended graduate school, studied and lived abroad, and worked in businesses and nonprofit organizations. We’re here to help you succeed from orientation to graduation.
Types of Advising
We have many different advisors both at Newnan and across LSA. Below are some of the advisors you will talk with throughout your time at the University of Michigan.
Newnan General Advising
- Guide you through your college plan, help you explore opportunities, and connect you to campus resources.
Bachelor in General Studies (B.G.S.) Advising
- Guide you through the requirements to complete a Bachelor of General Studies degree.
Student Success Advising
- Support you when you encounter (or anticipate) academic difficulty for any reason.
Comprehensive Studies Program (CSP), Honors Program, and Residential College (RC) Advising
- If you are part of CSP, Honors, or the RC, you should always contact your home advising office first!
Major and Minor Advising
- After you declare your major and/or minor, you will work with a departmental advisor as well as a Newnan advisor.
- Help you develop and evaluate an academic and co-curricular program to meet your goals in the field of healthcare.
- Help you develop and evaluate an academic and co-curricular program to meet your goals in the legal field.