Computing Your Grade Point Average (GPA)
- You can determine your term GPA by dividing the total number of Michigan Honor Points (MHP) by the total number of Michigan Semester Hours (MSH) during the same term. That is, GPA = MHP / MSH.
- Use this spreadsheet to calculate your GPA:
- Make sure you're logged into your UMICH account.
- We have provided a view-only version of the document. Create a copy of the document to determine your GPA.
- Move that copy of the document to your own Google Drive.
- Follow the instructions by entering the correct number of credit hours for each course and the correct grade. The spreadsheet will do the rest of the work.
- If you are trying to see what your U-M GPA will be, then only enter your U-M courses in the transcript. Don't enter transfer courses.
- If you want to know what your GPA will be for an application to medical school or something similar, then do enter the transfer credit courses (with the grades you made at the school where you took the courses) into the spreadsheet.
- NOTE: Some applications may assign different values to grades, so when in doubt check the instructions for those applications.