Weinberg Institute for Cognitive Science
- Slide 0
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- Slide 3
- Slide 4
- Slide 5
Explore psychology research positions or service learning courses
Virtual conference promotes welcoming University climate that actively works toward embracing disability culture and experiences
Welcome to the Weinberg Institute for Cognitive Science!
Thought. Language. Choice. Learning. Emotion. Motivation. How does the mind work, and why does it work the way that it does? Is your brain a biological computer? What is the nature of human agency, the relationship between the mental and the physical?
Cognitive Science is an exciting, fast-growing, and revolutionary area of study which seeks to develop integrated explanations of mind, brain, and behavior. Drawing on concepts and methods from a range of related fields — including linguistics, psychology, philosophy, neuroscience, and computer science — Cognitive Science students acquire a truly interdisciplinary knowledge base and a multifaceted set of analytic skills.
- Advising appointments will be offered regularly Monday-Thursday from 9am-4pm, with limited appointments available on Fridays. You may always email email@example.com if none of the appointments listed in the Advising Calendar works for you.
- The Weinberg Institute will offer in-person, virtual, and phone advising/office hours throughout the semester.
- Students MUST make an appointment in order to come for advising/office hours. No walk-in appointments are permitted. If you wish for a same-day appointment, you MUST check the advising portal for availability, or request an appointment via email.
- Students may only come a maximum of 5 minutes prior to their appointment and must wait in designated areas. If a student has not checked in 10 minutes after their appointment slot, their appointment will be cancelled.
- In accordance with University policy, students MUST wear a mask at advising appointments, regardless of vaccination status.Students who refuse to wear a mask will have their appointment cancelled.
- Advisors and faculty may switch the format of their appointments from in-person to remote or phone at any time if they deem it necessary.
Although the 9th floor will be unlocked and accessible, all communal study spaces will be closed.
The Weinberg Institute
Our mission is to create a world-class center for teaching and research in cognitive science. Our aim is to foster unique interdisciplinary collaborations among faculty and students, both inside and outside of the classroom.
We strive to support our students and faculty on the front lines of learning and research and to steward our planet, our community, our campus. To do this, the Weinberg Institute for Cognitive Science needs your support.