The Cognitive Science Seminar Series is an informal gathering of graduate students and faculty from multiple departments with an interest in presenting and discussing cognitive science topics. The seminars are held weekly throughout the academic year on Mondays from 2:30-4:00 PM via Zoom.
Note: These meetings are not recorded.
*Note: All events require a passcode. To receive a passcode or to be added to the seminar distribution
list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter 2021 Speaker Schedule
2/1 Sean Costello (UM philosophy)
2/8 Justin Craft (UM linguistics)
3/1 Yushi Sugimoto (UM linguistics)
3/8 Wilkinson Daniel Wong Gonzales (UM linguistics)
3/15 Stella Hao (UM Psychology)
3/22 Malte Hendrickx (UM philosophy)
3/29 Xin Sun (UM psychology)
4/5 Tzu-Yun Tung (UM linguistics)
4/19 Soo Hyun Ryu (UM psychology)
(Note: there will not be a seminar on 2/15, 2/22, or 4/12)
Fall 2020 Speaker Schedule
Sept. 21: Meet & greet
Sept. 28: Rachel Weissler, U-M, Linguistics
October 5: Elisa Felsche, U-M Psychology
October 12: Jeff Heath, U-M, Linguistics
Oct. 19: Bryan Stearns, U-M
Oct. 26: Margaret Echelbarger, University of Chicago
Nov. 2: Cancelled - make voting plans!
Nov. 9: Dominic Kelly, U-M, Psychology
Nov. 16: Wilka Carvalho, U-M
Nov. 30: Laura Soter, U-M, Philosophy, Zoom link: https://umich.zoom.us/j/92801887528, Passcode: cogsci
Dec. 7: Judith Fan, University of California, San Diego
About the Series
The Cognitive Science Seminar Series provides a forum for:
• Informal presentations of work-in-progress by graduate students and faculty;
• Networking and meeting other cognitive scientists on campus, particularly students and interested faculty from outside a home department;
• Reading groups that involve pairs of papers about the same topic from different disciplines;
• Practice talks (especially talks that are interdisciplinary in nature or might be presented to an interdisciplinary audience);
• Conference reports from cognitive science conferences;
• Occasional invited speakers of interest to the group;
Fall 2019 Schedule
The Fall 2019 speakers are:
October 7, 2019 - Jonathan Morrow, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, "Measurement of Individual Differences in Cue-Motivated Behavior"
October 21, 2019 - Mara Bollard - Lecturer & Assistant Director, Weinberg Institute for Cognitive Science, "In Defense of Distinctively Moral Anger"
November 18, 2019 - Stella Hao, Graduate Student, Cognition and Cognitive Neuroscience, "Bounded Rationality of Moral Cognition"
December 2, 2019 - Lauren Grant, Graduate Student, Cognition and Cognitive Neuroscience, "Task Sets Serve as Boundaries for the Congruency Sequence Effect"
December 9, 2019 - Steven Langsford, Research Fellow, Psychology