The Cognitive Science Seminar Series is an informal gathering of graduate students and faculty from multiple departments with an interest in presenting and discussing cognitive science topics. The seminars are held weekly throughout the academic year on Mondays from 2:30-3:50 PM via Zoom.
Note: These meetings are not recorded.
Zoom link: https://umich.zoom.us/j/93908113082
For Zoom passcode information, or to be added to the seminar distribution list, please email
Winter 2022 Schedule
Fall 2021 Schedule
Sept. 15: Dr Lauren Margulieux
Oct. 11: Soo Ryu & Rick Lewis
Nov. 8: Wade Munroe
Nov. 15: Wilka Carvalho
Nov. 29: Shreya Karippurathu Rajagopal
About the Series
The Cognitive Science Seminar Series provides a forum for:
• Informal presentations of work-in-progress by graduate students and faculty;
• Networking and meeting other cognitive scientists on campus, particularly students and interested faculty from outside a home department;
• Reading groups that involve pairs of papers about the same topic from different disciplines;
• Practice talks (especially talks that are interdisciplinary in nature or might be presented to an interdisciplinary audience);
• Conference reports from cognitive science conferences;
• Occasional invited speakers of interest to the group;
Winter 2021 Schedule
2/1 Sean Costello (UM philosophy)
2/8 Justin Craft (UM linguistics)
3/1 Yushi Sugimoto (UM linguistics)
3/8 Wilkinson Daniel Wong Gonzales (UM linguistics)
3/15 Stella Hao (UM Psychology)
3/22 Malte Hendrickx (UM philosophy)
3/29 Xin Sun (UM psychology)
4/5 Tzu-Yun Tung (UM linguistics)
4/19 Soo Hyun Ryu (UM psychology)
Fall 2020 Schedule
9/21: Meet & greet
9/28: Rachel Weissler, U-M, Linguistics
10/5: Elisa Felsche, U-M Psychology
10/12: Jeff Heath, U-M, Linguistics
10/19: Bryan Stearns, U-M
10/26: Margaret Echelbarger, University of Chicago
11/2: Cancelled - make voting plans!
11/9: Dominic Kelly, U-M, Psychology
11/16: Wilka Carvalho, U-M
11/30: Laura Soter, U-M, Philosophy
12/7: Judith Fan, University of California, San Diego
Fall 2019 Schedule
The Fall 2019 speakers are:
October 7, 2019 - Jonathan Morrow, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, "Measurement of Individual Differences in Cue-Motivated Behavior"
October 21, 2019 - Mara Bollard - Lecturer & Assistant Director, Weinberg Institute for Cognitive Science, "In Defense of Distinctively Moral Anger"
November 18, 2019 - Stella Hao, Graduate Student, Cognition and Cognitive Neuroscience, "Bounded Rationality of Moral Cognition"
December 2, 2019 - Lauren Grant, Graduate Student, Cognition and Cognitive Neuroscience, "Task Sets Serve as Boundaries for the Congruency Sequence Effect"
December 9, 2019 - Steven Langsford, Research Fellow, Psychology