OS graduates are prepared to do well in a variety of careers, as well as graduate school programs. Graduates and alums who responded to our surveys have worked in a variety of different fields, the top ones being consulting, sales/marketing, and non-profit. Other fields students have entered include education, finance/accounting/ banking, human resources, fundraising, health care, and law. The breadth of fields is a strong indicator that our graduates are prepared to enter a variety of fields thanks to the multidisciplinary perspectives they obtain through their OS degree and a broad liberal arts education.
Listen to some of our alumni speak about how the program has helped them become successful professionals:
For a list of where our graduates are employed and pursuing graduate school click here.
Your OS pathway not only helps you create a customized degree program that reflects your academic interests. It also serves as a springboard for thinking about your career direction. OS helps you explore careers in a multitude of ways:
- From Here to Career, OS Career Workshops: The series features a Career Prep sessions on how to craft your resume and explain the OS degree in cover letters and interviews. The rest of the series offers special topic sessions on various fields where OS graduates have found work. OS alumni share their experience with you, help explain the field more, and provide tips for your job search.
- OS Exclusive, Company Info Sessions & Workshops: Companies with successful track records of hiring OS interns and graduates often wish to get to know our students directly and provide workshops and info sessions right on our floor. Deloitte and Citi are booked for fall of 2017. Past companies have also included PwC, Procter & Gamble, DISH Network, and Target.
- Mock Interview and Resume Review: OS alum volunteer their time in September to review students' resumes and do mock interview sessions to help prepare for the job/internship search. Sessions occur remotely.
- Malkin Job Shadowing: Thanks to a generous donation of the Malkin Family, we offer students an opportunity to shadow an OS alum at their current job location. The award aims to assist with the additional costs of travel and accommodations that come with the shadowing experience.
- OS Weekly Updates: Organizational Studies sends out a weekly e-mail newsletter to students with news about OS events, career and internship news and events happeding arround campus.
- OS Internship Listing: Organizational Studies advertises internship opportunities for OS students in a weekly e-mail starting in January.