WHAT SPARKS YOUR PASSION?
The STF experience guides undergraduate students as they take their passions and inspirations to positive social impact through coursework that cultivates skills in grant writing, project development, research, and analysis. Through ongoing coaching and mentorship from professional staff and community members, students will research their project topics, make connections with stakeholders, prototype and test their ideas. Accepted teams will enroll in a one-credit mini-course in Fall (ALA 170). Students who complete the course will be eligible for up to $15,000 in project funding in Winter 2025.
Eligibility Criteria: This opportunity is available to any undergraduate student at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Must be available for ALA 170, which will run in the first half of Fall 2024.
- Utilize Technology for Social Good is the theme for 2024-25:
- We are looking for ideas and projects that promote responsible use of technology; improving the quality of life for people marginalized by visible identities such as race, gender, ability, or invisible identities such as socioeconomic status, ability, sexual orientation, mental health; mitigating the negative impact of technology
- Application for the 2024-2025 Academic year will open in Winter 2024.
ALA 170: Social Transformation Projects
Why participate in the BLI ALA 170 Social Transformation Class?
- Discover and research your project idea
- Make connections with stakeholders
- Prototype and test your ideas
- Be eligible for the BLI Social Transformation Fellowship
Social Transformation Fellowship
Why participate in the BLI Social Transformation Fellowship?
- Receive up to $15,000 in project funding
- Receive ongoing coaching and mentorship
- The BLI Social Transformation Fellowship qualifies as a Blue Experience of the Michigan Leadership Certificate.
Eligibility: This opportunity is available to students who completed the Social Transformation ALA Course
Application: Opens in December 2024 for winter term funding and support
Compensation: Up to $15k for project funding
Email Fatema Haque.