Welcome to the Barger Leadership Institute
A flexible leadership program for any Michigan undergraduate. As a community of staff, students and faculty, we work to create authentic learning experiences where you can cultivate leadership habits and start your life-long commitment to leadership learning.
We believe leadership:
- is learned through experience, a continuous process of thinking/observing, acting and reflecting,
- includes service to others,
- occurs at all levels, in all fields, positions, and sectors,
- is relational, it requires both leaders and followers,
- is social, situational and cultural, and
- is a developmental, life-long learning process.
While the Barger Leadership Institute is housed under LSA, any Michigan undergraduate can become a member. Students may enter the BLI community by becoming a member at any point in their undergraduate career. After becoming a member and completing either our ALA Leadership Lab or Foundations in Leadership course, you can create your own pathway through our various funding and programming opportunities.
Barger Leadership Institute
College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
University of Michigan
Weiser Hall, Suite 800
500 Church Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
(734) 764-6554 (fax)
The BLI office is open from 9 am-4 pm, Monday-Thursday.
All-staff works remotely on Fridays.