- LEARN Experiences
- Leadership Courses
- ALA 174: Leadership Lab
- ALA 175: Foundations in Leadership
- ALA 170: Social Transformation Projects
- Detroit Retreat
- Mindful Leader Retreat
- LEAP Experiences
The STF experiences guides undergraduate students as they take their passions and inspirations to positive social impact through coursework that cultivates skills in grant writing, project development, research, and analysis. Through ongoing coaching and mentorship from professional staff and community members, students will research their project topics, make connections with stakeholders, prototype and test their ideas. Accepted teams will enroll in a one-credit mini-course in Fall 2023 (ALA 170). Students who complete the course will be eligible for up to $15,000 in project funding in Winter 2024.
Eligibility Criteria: This opportunity is available to any undergraduate student at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Must be available for ALA 170, which will run in the first half of Fall 2023 on Wednesdays, 4-6 pm.
- Sustainability and the Environment is the theme for 2023:
- We are looking for ideas and projects that promote sustainable environmental behavior; cultivate connection and harmony between people and nature.
- Application for the 2023-2024 Academic year is closed.
Why participate in the BLI Social Transformation Class?
- Discover and research your project idea
- Make connections with stakeholders
- Prototype and test your ideas
- The BLI Social Transformation Fellowship qualifies as a Blue Experience of the Michigan Leadership Certificate.
Why participate in the BLI Social Transformation Fellowship?
- Receive up to $15,000 in project funding
- Receive ongoing coaching and mentorship
Eligibility: This opportunity is available to students who completed the Social Transformation Workshop Series
Application: Open in December 2023 for winter term funding and support
Compensation: Up to additional $15k for project funding in Winter 2024