The Institute provides resources to our BLI students through a variety of scholarships, awards, and grants. The Institute’s opportunities reinforce our beliefs in student initiative, the importance of learning from real-world experience, the vital role of reflection, teamwork and collaboration, and the need to actively engage our community. Our current funding programs include:
- Small Grants: a $200 grant offered to assist BLI Members with their projects. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Small Grants can be used to fund a variety of different initiatives. In the past, students have successfully applied to fund projects such as:
- Organization start-ups on campus
- Social activism campaigns
- Trips to conferences or camps
- Food for meetings
- Musical ensembles
- Fashion shows and other performances
- Service activities
- and more!
- Student Projects: a $1,500 grant for BLI Fellows to provide funding for medium-large scale projects. Applications are processed once in the Fall and once in the Winter.
- Capstone Experience: a $10,000 grant awarded to ambitious teams with the purpose of assisting the execution of their projects. Applications occur during the winter semester.
If you have any questions, check out our FAQ Page, or connect with our Grants and Funding Program Assistant, Christopher Pumford, at firstname.lastname@example.org. His office hours are on Tuesdays and Wednesday from 12:00 to 2:15 in the BLI Office (Weiser Hall 8th Floor).