- Sociology Major
- Law, Justice, and Social Change
- Sociology of Health & Medicine
- Sociology & Social Work
- Major of the Month
- What can I do with a Sociology degree?
- Academic Policies and Processes
- Curriculum and Courses
- Project Community
- Sociology Undergraduate Research Opportunity - SOC 394
- Honors Program
- Transfer Students and Transfer Credit
- Study Abroad
- Financial Aid Resources
- Writing Awards
Planning Resources & Experiential Courses:
Students majoring in Sociology or minoring in either LJSC or SHM can petition for a relevant course taken outside of the department to count toward major or minor requirements. LJSC and SHM minors are limited to counting one course outside of the approved course list and majors are limited to counting two outside courses.
Students interested in petitioning to include a course taken outside of the department should complete the course petition process, which includes submitting a petition form and the course syllabus to email@example.com.
- Petitions will not be reviewed unless complete syllabi are attached, i.e. they MUST include a reading list and an outline of weekly topics.
- This is an internal process - all relevant courses/credits MUST be accepted by the University of Michigan before a student may petition the course to count toward their Sociology Major/Minor.
About our Sociology classes... from the professors themselves!
Be sure to also check out the LSA Course Guide > Subject > LSA: Sociology.