- Sociology Major
- Law, Justice, and Social Change
- Sociology of Health & Medicine
- Sociology & Social Work
- Major of the Month
- What can I do with a Sociology degree?
- Curriculum and Courses
- Project Community
- Sociology Undergraduate Research Opportunity - SOC 394
- Honors Program
- Sociology Opportunities for Undergraduate Leaders (SOUL)
- Academic Policies and Processes
- Transfer Students and Transfer Credit
- Study Abroad
- Financial Aid Resources
- Writing Awards
Planning Resources & Experiential Courses:
For Non-SOC, Study Abroad, and Transfer Courses...
Students majoring in Sociology or minoring in either LJSC or SHM can petition for a course taken outside of the department to count toward the major or minor requirements. LJSC and SHM minors are limited to counting one course outside of the approved course list toward minor requirements.
Students interested in petitioning to include a course taken outside of the department in their major or minor plan should complete the course petition process, which includes submitting a petition form and the course syllabus.
About our Sociology classes... from the professors themselves!
Be sure to also check out the LSA Course Guide > Subject > LSA: Sociology