- Program Requirements
- Prospective Student Opportunities
- How to Apply
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Community Benefits
- Meet Current Students
- Spring Research Symposium
- Conference Reflections
- Summer Research Opportunities
- Community Snapshot
- Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP)
Students admitted to the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor may apply to MRADS through the Michigan Learning Community application. Students are welcome to apply to MRADS even if they have not yet decided if they are attending U-M. The application opens on February 1, 2021. Please submit your MRADS application by May 5, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST. After May 5, spots may be available but not guaranteed.
Students interested in applying to MRADS will be asked to complete several short answer questions. The questions are:
- The Michigan Learning Communities are committed to building communities of engaged and enthusiastic students from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. In what ways would you contribute to your Michigan Learning Community and bring a unique perspective or viewpoint? (suggested word count: 150-350 words)
- What motivates you to apply to the residential Michigan Research and Discovery Scholars program, as opposed to the non-residential Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP)? If selected, what kinds of faculty-sponsored research interests would you like to pursue? Feel free to include multiple interests from different subject areas.
MRADS will not honor roommate requests made via the housing application. Additionally, Michigan Learning Commmunty applications take precedence over roommate requests. If admitted to an MLC, successful applicants' roommate requests may not be considered. Further, it is possible for one roommate to be admitted to MRADS and the other declined.
If you apply by March 28 at 11:59 pm EST, you will know your status by April 7 at 5 pm EST. If you apply by the final deadline of May 5 at 11:59 pm EST, you will know your status by May 14 at 5 pm EST. Students may only be admitted to one Michigan Learning Community. Michigan Learning Communities review applications in the order of preference indicated by the student in their application. For more information, please see this FAQ guide.
|February 1||MLC Application becomes available|
|March 28 at 11:59 p.m. (EST)||MLC Early Review Application Deadline|
|By April 7 at 5 p.m.||MLC Early Review Decision Notifications|
|May 5 at 11:59 p.m. (EST)||MLC Application Final Deadline|
|By May 14 at 5 p.m. (EST)||Final Decision Notifications|