Michigan Research and Discovery Scholars (MRADS) recruits and supports students from diverse backgrounds and academic fields to introduce them to the interdisciplinary nature of research and the excitement of discovery, to engage students in building a community based on mutual respect and affirmation of diversity, and to enhance students' undergraduate experience by providing them with academic and professional resources as well as engaging extracurricular opportunities to support their academic and personal growth. MRADS continues to be one of the only living-learning communities nationally for students of all academic disciplines. MRADS provides opportunities for first- and second-year students to enable their academic and personal growth through resourceful and innovative activities. MRADS creates intentional learning environments that provide students with soft and hard skills to equip them to independently define, create and navigate their college experience. MRADS organizes and hosts Affinity Groups to enhance the DEI support within the MRADS Community, an internship prep series program, and social and wellness events.
Your Gifts at Work
MRADS Students Tell Us … The Top 10 Reasons to Join MRADS
- You will meet and create lifelong friendships with people on your residential floor
- Strong social support network and alumni connections
- Specialized study, social and identity groups to deepen your connection with the yourself & MRADS community
- Dr. Simon's certified TEDx personality during Tea Times & ALA 104
- Engaging & individualized support from MRADS Leadership team to ensure your success at UMich (Mona’s candy jar is the best!)
- Small student-led study groups to support your academic success and study skills
- Gain research experience while establishing relationships with faculty and research sponsor
- Hands-on undergraduate experience while establishing relationships with faculty and research sponsor
- Theme Community events that support academic, research and professional networking, social engagement and self-discovery
- Social Events with fun themes, snacks, and people!
Your generosity will allow us to provide equity summer fellowships and take Scholars on an annual Winter term trip to engage with alumni and prospective employers.
Thank you for supporting MRADS!