At the center of Michigan Research and Discovery Scholars is a diverse group of students eager to explore and discover new knowledge. This year, MRADS includes students from Literature, Science, and the Arts, Engineering, Kinesiology, School of Music, Theatre & Dance, Ross, and Art & Design. Nearly half of MRADS students are from out-of-state and 10% of MRADS students hail from other countries. MRADS students represent a variety of academic majors, research interests, racial and ethnic backgrounds and geographic regions.
Top 10 Reasons to Join MRADS
- You will meet and create lifelong friendships with people on your residential floor
- Strong social support network and alumni connections
- Specialized study, social and identity groups to deepen your connection with the yourself & MRADS community
- Dr. Simon's certified TEDx personality during Tea Times & ALA 104
- Engaging & individualized support from MRADS Leadership team to ensure your success at UMich (Sara's candy jar is the best!)
- Small student-led study groups to support your academic success and study skills
- Gain research experience while establishing relationships with faculty and research sponsor
- Hands-on undergraduate experience while establishing relationships with faculty and research sponsor
- Theme Community events that support academic, research and professional networking, social engagement and self-discovery
- Social Events with fun themes, snacks, and people!
To learn more about current MRADS students, visit the Meet Current Students section. You can also find more information about benefits and requirements of MRADS under Program Requirements, then visit the How to Apply section for details on the application process.