At the center of Michigan Research and Discovery Scholars is a diverse group of students eager to explore and discover new knowledge. This year, MRADS includes students from Literature, Science, and the Arts, Engineering, Kinesiology, School of Music, Theatre & Dance, Ross, and Art & Design. Nearly half of MRADS students are from out-of-state and 10% of MRADS students hail from other countries. MRADS students represent a variety of academic majors, research interests, racial and ethnic backgrounds and geographic regions.
Top 10 Reasons to Join MRADS
- You will meet and create lifelong friendships with people on your residential floor
- Strong social support network and alumni connections
- Specialized study, social and identity groups to deepen your connection with the yourself & MRADS community
- Dr. Simon's certified TEDx personality during Tea Times & ALA 104
- Engaging & individualized support from MRADS Leadership team to ensure your success at UMich (Sara's candy jar is the best!)
- Small student-led study groups to support your academic success and study skills
- Gain research experience while establishing relationships with faculty and research sponsor
- Hands-on undergraduate experience while establishing relationships with faculty and research sponsor
- Theme Community events that support academic, research and professional networking, social engagement and self-discovery
- Social Events with fun themes, snacks, and people!