- What can I do with a Sociology degree?
- Sociology Major
- Law, Justice, and Social Change
- Sociology of Health & Medicine
- Curriculum and Courses
- Transfer Credit & Study Abroad
- Project Community
- Sociology Opportunities for Undergraduate Leadership (SOUL)
- Academic Policies and Processes
- Sociology Undergraduate Research Opportunity - SOC 394
- Honors Program
- Financial Aid Resources
- Student Organizations
- Writing Awards
- Major of the Month
If you are a declared sociology major, LJSC minor, or SHM minor and the internship has not yet begun, you can apply by submitting the Application for Internship Credit. Credit will not be given retroactively for an internship that has already been completed.
The deadline to submit this application is the second Friday of the semester.
Students are required to submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should be titled "Application for Internship Credit":
- A completed Application for Internship Credit and all required proposal documents as outlined in the application.
If approved, you will receive an email as well as an electronic override to register for SOC 396. Students must register for the course before the regular LSA Drop/Add period ends.
Occasionally, an internship organization will require that you produce a memo on UM letterhead stating that you are eligible to receive academic credit for an internship. The Sociology advisor can create and sign this letter for students when needed. However, the University of Michigan will not enter hold-harmless agreements with any organization at which a student is interning.