- Academic Policies and Processes
- Curriculum and Courses
- Financial Aid Resources
- Honors Program
- Law, Justice, and Social Change
- Major of the Month
- Project Community
- Sociology and Social Work Subplan
- Sociology of Health & Medicine
- Sociology Major
- Sociology Opportunities for Undergraduate Leaders (SOUL)
- Sociology Undergraduate Research Opportunity - SOC 394
- Student Organizations
- Study Abroad
- Transfer Students and Transfer Credit
- What can I do with a Sociology degree?
- Writing Awards
Credits from the courses listed below are considered experiential or independent credits by the College of LSA.
SOC 225: Project Community
SOC 394: Undergraduate Research
SOC 395: Independent Study
SOC 396: Undergraduate Internship
SOC 321/PSYCH 321: Practicum in Facilitating Intergroup Dialogues
SOC 324/PSYCH 324: Advanced Practicum in Facilitating Intergroup Dialogues
SOC 488: Organizing Internship
Only 8 experiential or independent credits may be counted toward your sociology major. Only 4 of those credits can come from SOC 225.
No more than 15 transfer credits may be counted toward the sociology major. Students who declare the major after August 31, 2011 must take the methods (SOC 310 or 312) and theory (SOC 305) requirements on the UM--Ann Arbor campus.
Introductory courses at any level cannot be counted toward the credits required to complete the major.