- Why Asian Studies?
- Using Your Degree
- Course Gallery
- Advising Appointments
- Asian Studies Major
- Honors Major in Asian Studies
- Asian Languages and Cultures Minor
- Asian Studies Minor
- Course Information and Policies
- Department Awards
- Study Abroad and Internships
- Student Organizations
- Transfer Credit
- Accelerated MA Program in Transcultural Studies
Academic Minor Program (15 credits)
- At least three courses in Asian Studies (ASIAN) offered through the Department of Asian Languages and Cultures within one regional area: China, Japan, Korea, South Asia, or Southeast Asia.
- Two courses must be elected at the 300-level or above. Students may not use 100-level classes towards the minor plan.
- An Asian Studies minor plan may also be organized around disciplines or lines of inquiry not necessarily defined by a region (e.g. Asian literature, film, religion, etc.).
- All courses must be approved by an ALC academic advisor.
- No course will count toward the minor unless the student receives a grade of C- or better.
- Twelve of the credits must be elected at UM-Ann Arbor or at an overseas program associated with the university.
- No language courses can be counted towards this program.
Courses with non-ASIAN or ASIANLAN subject codes may be used to satisfy requirements for the Asian Studies minor as exceptions, but approval from a department advisor is necessary. Please schedule an appointment with a department advisor if you would like to explore exceptions for your Asian Studies minor.