- All News
- Search News
- Archived News
- Senior Jessica Wang receives the 2022 Feminist Practice Award; Senior Emma Theisen wins Honorable Mention
- 2022 Undergraduate Honors Theses Presented
- 2022 Undergraduate and Graduate McGuigan Prizes Announced
- Gallery's First Exhibit in Two Years- Invisible Women: Portraits of Aging in Ukraine
- Petra Kuppers Receives Praise for Gut Botany
- Lisa Harris Interviewed by NPR
- Abby Dumes on Long Covid in the NYT
- Dean Hubbs featured in LSA Magazine
- All Events
Co-authored by Women's Studies Professor Abigail Stewart and Hunter College's Virginia Valian, the new book, An Inclusive Academy: Achieving Diversity and Excellence, is creating considerable buzz in the academic community.
In the book, Professors Stewart and Valian challenge the current lack of diversity in the academy, and offer university deans and administrators concrete solutions for increased inclusivity and continued excellence. As they write in an Inside Higher Education piece, "It takes a continual effort on multiple fronts to change institutions. There's no single action one can take once and for all that fixes the problem. So often people get discouraged before they see that the actions they are taking are having good effects!"