Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}


Departmental advising allows students the opportunity to formulate goals for their education while ensuring they understand the objectives and requirements of their major or minor. While a general LSA advisor manages college wide requirements (for example, Race & Ethnicity or Quantitative Reasoning requirements), a Women’s and Gender Studies advisor can provide information about:        

  • The department’s majors or minors
  • Courses that will meet departmental requirements       
  • Senior releases and preparing for graduation        
  • Study abroad and transfer credits

You can make an advising appointment here on the online calendar. If you have questions, please email

How to Declare

For the time being advising is done remotely by either phone call or zoom. 

Students interested in learning more about or declaring a Women's and Gender Studies or Gender and Health major or one of the four minors should set-up an advising appointment through the online advising calendar

Minors please note: a major must be officially declared before a minor can be officially declared.

Students may declare if they have taken or are taking the prerequisite course for the major (for Women's and Gender Studies major, WGS 240 Intro to Women's and Gender Studies, and for Gender and Health major, WGS 220 Perspectives in Women's Health) or the foundational course for the minor.  However, LGBTQ minors do not have to take WS 245 Intro. to LGBTQ Studies to declare, the course is is offered only once a year.

Questions?  Email