Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

All proposals to satisfy program requirements using coursework from a program outside University of Michigan must be discussed with the Director of Graduate Studies in both Women’s and Gender Studies and History. Although course credits cannot be transferred to your PhD program and will not appear on the official university transcript, graduate work done elsewhere may be used to satisfy certain requirements for the PhD.

In History, an MA thesis may be counted toward the 700-level research seminar requirement with approval by the student’s advisor and the History DGS. In any case, only one seminar course may be waived (but not WGS 891); the other must be taken at U-M. A language requirement fulfilled in an MA program at another institution will be accepted toward fulfillment of your language requirements at Michigan.