Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

International Travel Information

Students who have secured an international internship through LSA Engage are strongly encouraged to register their travel in the U-M Travel Registry and enroll in U-M Travel Abroad Health Insurance (GeoBlue) Students should determine if their travel abroad is considered U-M Related Travel (UMRT) and if so, complete the Undergraduate International Travel Requirements for their destination. 

Please note that any student who receives an LSA scholarship to help fund their international internship is considered on UMRT and must complete U-M international travel requirements

Students are encouraged to explore travel planning resources on Global Michigan, such as

The Global Engagement Team can assist students with pre-departure resources, provide guidance on enrolling in U-M Travel Abroad Health Insurance through GeoBlue, and provide 24/7 emergency response support for students while they are completing their internship abroad.

Still have questions? Contact the Opportunity Hub’s Employer Engagement team at for assistance.