- Clinical Science
- Clinical Science Admissions
- Clinical Science Alumni
- Clinical Science Awards
- Clinical Science Curriculum
- Clinical Science Faculty
- Clinical Science Affiliated Faculty
- Clinical Science Emeriti Faculty
- Clinical Science Students
- Clinical Science Labs & Research
- Student Admissions, Outcomes, and Other Data
- Clinical Science Procedure Manual
- Cognition and Cognitive Neuroscience (CCN)
- Developmental Psychology
- Combined Program in Education & Psychology (CPEP)
- Psychology and Women's & Gender Studies
- Personality and Social Contexts (P&SC)
- Social Psychology
- Social Work and Psychology
The first two years and advancement to candidacy
During the first two years of our program students take a variety of courses on child and adult psychopathology, clinical assessment and intervention, research methods, ethics, multicultural issues, foundations of clinical science, and a number of electives in developmental, cognitive, personality, social, and biological psychology. Students will also participate in a teaching institute and will assist in the instruction of undergraduate courses. An independent, Master's level research project is completed by the end of the student’s second year. The students are involved in practicum training on a part-time [8-10 hour a week] basis at local agencies beginning their second year. Finally, students complete a preliminary portfolio before obtaining their Masters degree and advancing to Ph.D. candidacy.
Candidacy, Dissertation, and Internship
During the third and fourth years, most students focus on developing and completing, with guidance of a faculty committee, an individualized program of advanced study and the "dissertation prospectus." Students also may take additional elective courses and obtain additional clinical experience by completing part-time clinical practica at local agencies.
During this time, students must prepare for applying to complete a 1 year, full time internship requirement typically during their 5th or 6th year of study. Finally, students usually defend their doctoral dissertation during their 5th year.