- Clinical Science
- Clinical Science Admissions
- Clinical Science Alumni
- Clinical Science Student Awards
- Clinical Science Curriculum
- Clinical Science Tenured/Tenure-Track Faculty
- Clinical Science Affiliated Faculty
- Clinical Science Emeriti Faculty
- Clinical Science Lecturers
- Clinical Science Research Fellows
- Clinical Science Students
- Clinical Science Research Laboratories
- Student Admissions, Outcomes, and Other Data
- Clinical Science Procedure Manual
- Cognition and Cognitive Neuroscience (CCN)
- Developmental Psychology
- Combined Program in Education & Psychology (CPEP)
- Psychology and Women's and Gender Studies
- Personality and Social Contexts (P&SC)
- Social Psychology
- Social Work and Psychology
To apply, please complete the official online Rackham Graduate Application form by uploading a Personal Statement, Statement of Purpose, and transcripts. You will need to register your recommendations so that they may submit their recommendation online. All applicants should review the Psychology Department Graduate Application Checklist to be sure their application is complete by the December 1, 2020 deadline. All applicants are notified of admission decisions by April 1, 2021. The Department of Psychology admits students only once each year for the Fall term. Applicants should not send any hardcopy materials to the Psychology Department.
For specific questions about the graduate program in Clinical Science, contact the chair:
The Clinical Science Admissions chair: Dr. Ed Chang
Faculty Seeking Students for matriculation in Fall 2021
Please note that recruitment weekend which will be virtual is scheduled for Feb 19-20, 2021
Although a comprehensive funding package is available for the students admitted to the Clinical Science Area, we strongly encourage all applicants to apply for predoctoral scholarships and fellowships.
Applicants with scholarly interests in education, or social work should consider applying to one of our joint programs in education (CPEP), or social work — in addition to or instead of — the clinical psychology program. These programs offer special opportunities for interdisciplinary scholarship.
Acceptance into our clinical science program is highly competitive. We view the entire application package of all applicants and select those best fit for our program. Although we do not have rigid admission criteria, competitive applicants usually have very high undergraduate GPAs and GRE scores, significant research experience (e.g., paper or poster presentations at regional and national conferences, publications, senior/honors thesis, etc.), and a close match between the student’s research interest and the expertise of our faculty.
"Important: The clinical science program will not be requiring the GRE for this upcoming admissions cycle (Fall 2020 applications for Fall 2021 enrollment). Applicants can leave the GRE section blank on the graduate admissions application. Not submitting GRE scores will not be counted against an applicant."