HSSP students receive personalized pre-health advising to complement the regular academic advising received in their home unit. HSSP pre-health advising helps members explore options and make good choices about courses, utilizing resources, making contacts, and developing a career plan.
HSSP advising allows members to:
- Explore academic and career goals
- Better understand prerequisites, requirements, and expectations of pre-health and health-professional academic programs and careers
- Identify useful internship, volunteer, and research opportunities
- Supplement information received from other advising professionals
There are several ways to participate in HSSP pre-health advising services:
- Pre-scheduled advising appointments
- Walk-in appointments
As a first-year HSSP student, you will not only be living with other first-years - you will also have around 25 Peer Advisors (PAs) in your community! The PAs actively support HSSP's living-learning goals by serving as mentors to first-years and actively participating in the community.
In addition to the Peer Advisors, you will have six Resident Advisors (RAs), two on each floor. Each of these RAs has been in the community for over two years, and serve as leaders for each hall.