Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}


Is your research project outside of the standard UM "Blue Bus" routes?

If your UROP project is not reachable from the standard UM Blue Bus routes (e.g. at the Rachel Upjohn Building, Dominos Farms, or near Wolverine Tower), then UROP has you covered!

Our department has a leased UM vehicle that students can drive so long as they have a valid driver's license and complete a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check.

In order to apply for use of the vehicle please contact UROP Student Administrator, Daniel Hartlep at


Students must do the following to make use of the UROP Vehicle

  • Email UROP Student Administrator Daniel Hartlep ( requesting an application
  • Set consistent and repeated weekly hours with your research mentor
  • Fill out an application and Motor Vehicle Record Check¬†
  • Once accepted, students will need to schedule a meeting with the UROP Student Administrator to make sure that they have gone over the Vehcile safety rules and understand them before they are able to use the vehicle