THE APPLICATION FOR 2021 IS NOW OPEN!
Once you've read the descriptions below, you can apply for the courses you wish to take. You'll first be prompted to create a user account (if you already have one, select "log in"). Please consider applying for merit- or need-based financial aid. The deadline to apply for aid is March 15, 2021.
NOTE: New Applications require administrative approval (to minimize fake accounts), which takes up to 24 hours.
Spring field classes
May 4 - June 5, 2021 (except General Chemistry Lab: May 10 - June 11)
Students take one of the below courses. If online, class time will include both synchronous and asynchronous work.
Summer field classes
Students take two of the below courses, paired together by date range. Each class is 5 credits and online work will be both synchronous and asynchronous. Summer Term will be online plus a 2-week field experience in-person at UMBS.
NOTE for Summer Term Courses: Students enroll in a course pairing and will earn 10 credits in 6 weeks. Student research teams will be the same for both courses. In addition to the synchronous times listed, synchronous meetings will also take place on Fridays during the online portion of the course. Students can expect to be engaged in field/lab and course work for the entire in-person portion in residence at the UMBS Pellston campus (12 days).
Late Summer Transforming Learning classes
Because these classes are part of the university-funded Transforming Learning Program,
- they are only open to University of Michigan Ann Arbor students;
- some, called extension courses, are tied to a fall or winter class on the Ann Arbor campus;
- tuition for extension courses is assessed and credits are awarded in the subsequent fall semester; tuition for non-extension courses is due in the semester in which the course runs;
- room and board at the Biological Station is automatically covered by UMBS scholarships;
- you will need to follow the specific instructions on the individual course pages below to register.