Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}


Are you a new UMBS researcher (i.e. PI, postdoc, graduate student)? Click the red button above to create a new user account and propose a new project in Mfield User Menu -> Submit Research & Housing App 

If you are part of a research team, the project lead must register the project first and give the exact project title to team members so they can register under the same project. Many approved projects are already registered with UMBS.

If you are a returning UMBS researcher, click the orange button above to renew an existing project OR create a new research proposal

User Menu -> Submit Research & Housing App.

Please submit a new research and housing application every year so that we have updated information on dates, equipment you are bringing or will need, your research role, or any other changes related to your project.If you will have other researchers working with you on a project you lead, you will need to share the exact project title so team members can register under the correct project.


NOTE: Your housing or research facilities can not be assigned until you have submitted all the information requested in our Research and Housing Application. Your invoice will based on the dates you submit and update in your housing form.

If you are having trouble accessing Mfield, contact Data Manager Jason Tallant at

UMBS will continue to follow the COVID-related policies in place at the U-M Ann Arbor campus, including optional masking and vaccination requirements.

For information about the UMBS Research Committee and the research project review process can be found here or information about the UMBS Research Project and Data Stewardship Policy here.

Whether you are a first-timer or returning resident, please take time to read our Guide to Living and Working at the Biological Station. It should answer many of your questions about daily life and community standards.