Thank you for your help in making students aware of and supporting their enrollment in Duo. As you may or may not know, all students must enroll and use Duo by January 29, 2020. We still have about 20% of our student population who still need to enroll. Read on to see where to direct students and help us spread the message.
- Advise Study Abroad Students to visit this page to learn how best to set up Duo for their trip.
- Suggest students set up a backup Duo device! They can register a tablet, get a free token at a Computer Showcase location or get a bypass code.
- Add this email banner in your messages to students: “Turn on Two-Factor for Weblogin Before January 29”.
- Potentially reiterate the messages they last received from ITS located at the bottom of the project website page.
- If you use Twitter in your unit to communicate with students, follow @UMICHtech to see their Duo Tweets and consider a retweet to your social media.
- Add these to your Digital Signs: 1024 x 768, 1440 x 1920, or 1920 x 1080 pixels, and Traveling with Duo.
- Print and display "Turn on Two-Factor for Weblogin" posters in your areas: 8.5 x 11 or 11 x 17 inches.
- Print and have these brochures: Turn on Two-Factor for Weblogin (4.25 x 3.5 inches) and Traveling Abroad with Duo (4.25 x 3.5 inches).
Before January 29, these locations will have Pop Up Stations for students to learn about Duo:
- January 8: Computer Showcase in the Undergrad Library, 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- January 14: Newnan Advising, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- January 15: MLB Media Center, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- January 16: LSA Addition, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- January 21: Angell Hall Fishbowl, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Various Housing locations from January 20–January 29. Dates and times are still being scheduled.
Events will soon be added to the project website so look there for the most up-to-date information.
On January 28 and January 29, staff at these locations will support and assist with bypass codes, hand out hardware tokens, and assist with enrollment:
- Angell Hall Fishbowl, 24 hours
- Showcase Locations: Shapiro and Pierpoint, 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- North Quad, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Ross School of Business, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Remember the ITS Service Center can help. If students need to get logged in and don’t have a device, have them contact the ITS Service Center for assistance, including obtaining a temporary, bypass code. They can call the Service Center at 734.764.4357, Option 1. They even have 24/7 emergency assistance for Duo. When 4HELP is closed, call 734.764.4347 and press ‘0’.