- Accelerated Master's Degree Program
- Career/Internship Exploration
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Honors Program
- Major in Psychology or BCN
- Photos & Videos
- Preparing for Graduate School
- Registration and Grades
- Service Learning Opportunities
- STAR Scholars Program
- Student Organizations
- Student Resources
- Study Abroad
- Subject Pool
- Transfer Credit
We recommend waitlisted students attend the lecture(s) or discussion(s) they prefer on the first day and speak to the instructor at that time. There are routinely changes in enrollment up until the 3rd week of classes, so check your umich.edu email account daily to see if you are granted an override. We cannot say what your chances are of getting into the course as it depends on the student demand and your place on the waitlist.
All sections of all undergraduate courses have a waitlist (except courses that are “Instructor Consent,” First-Year Seminars, and Independent Studies).
After the Early Registration period, the Department will provide permission to register as seats become available in classes using the following guidelines:
- Upper level courses — Seats will be offered to senior majors (85+ credits), then junior majors (55–84 credits), sophomore majors (25–54 credits), then non-majors. BCN, Cognitive Science, and Neuroscience majors will be given priority for BCN/Cog Sci/Neuroscience eligible courses.
- Breadth courses — Seats will be offered first to majors by class rank, then all others in waitlist order.
- 100 level courses — Waitlist order with first-year and sophomore students receiving priority.
During Early Registration students will have 2 days after receiving a permission to register for the class before the permission expires. Being on a waitlist does not guarantee a spot in the class.
Some seats are reserved for Psychology, BCN, Cognitive Science, and Neuroscience majors. Please note, if you have not completed your pre-requisite coursework, or seen an advisor to officially complete the declaration process, you are not considered a Psychology, BCN, or Neuroscience major in Wolverine Access. Additionally, some seats are reserved for students of specific class standing; senior, junior, sophomore, and first-year.
Class standing is determined by the number of credits earned toward a degree, and includes the number of credits being taken in the current term:
- First-Year: fewer than 25 credits
- Sophomore: 25 through 54 credits
- Junior: 55 through 84 credits
- Senior: 85 credits or more