We hope you had a restful break 🌟 and wish you a good start to winter semester!
January is officially Mentorship Month! It’s also when internship season ramps up, so now is the time to apply for summer internships. We’ve summarized a host of resources, events, and opportunities you can engage in for some thoughtful career exploration.
The Hub Team
THE 2023 LSA INTERNSHIP FAIR
Tuesday, February 14 | 3:30-7:00 p.m. | In-person
Network. Explore. Apply: This fair is the largest internship event of its kind at the college where you can answer the all-important question: how can I find an internship aligned to my goals and interests?
By attending this event, you will:
- Explore internship opportunities for summer 2023
- Make valuable connections with recruiters who are eager to hire LSA students
- Get helpful insights from employer reps on how to launch your internship search
All LSA students are welcome to attend. RSVP to receive updates about this event and a list of participating employers.
SIGN UP FOR TEXT UPDATES FROM
SUBSCRIBE TO THE HUB’S EVENT CALENDAR!
INTRO TO THE HUB: A TRANSFER STUDENT SOCIAL LUNCHEON
Thursday, January 12 | 12:00-2:00 p.m. | LSA Building
Calling all LSA Transfer students: Have you heard of the LSA Opportunity Hub? Do you have questions about how to connect your studies to your career options? Or, perhaps you’re in search of resources to help reach your professional goals?
We're here to help you make connections with other transfer students, Hub staff, and life-changing career resources on campus — and enjoy a hot meal!
This event is free and open to all LSA transfer students.
LOOKING FOR INTERNSHIP APPLICATION HELP?
Find online do-it-yourself guides for résumés and cover letters on the Hub’s Canvas site.
Get easy-to-use résumé templates, explainers, and step-by-step instructions for both building a master résumé template, but also tailoring your résumé to prospective internships and job opportunities. There’s also a guide on putting together and tailoring a cover letter!
HUB WORKSHOP: HOW TO FIND AN INTERNSHIP
Monday, January 30 | 4:00-5:00 p.m. | Virtual
Gaining internship experience is a great way to acquire career clarity, develop professional skills, and cultivate an awareness of your professional identity.
Join us for a lively virtual discussion on getting:
- Improved internship search strategies, including networking
- A more-defined idea of what you’re looking for in an internship experience
- Information on internship opportunities and platforms offered through the Hub
- Guidance from coaches on making the most of the upcoming LSA Internship Fair
- Advice on navigating internship rejection
FIND MENTORING SUPPORT ON LSA CONNECT
Finding a mentor just got a lot easier. With LSA Connect, you can explore over 1,800+ U-M LSA alums across industries, identities, and ideas, all eager to have meaningful career conversations with you.
Looking to connect with a biotech professional in the Boston area? Or a former student athlete with a communications degree? Our search filters will allow you to narrow down alums and sort through based on location, major, industry expertise, racial/ethnic identity, group affiliations and more.
APPLY NOW: WINTER + SUMMER INTERNSHIPS
Find over 50+ active opportunities that are accepting applications. These include:
- Summer internships with employers like AlphaSights, Beyond Juice, and Talos Energy
- Fellowship opportunities at organizations like The Borgen Project and Center for Academic Innovation
- Work-abroad opportunities in Costa Rica, Spain, Singapore, and Chile
- Part-time and full-time jobs!
Check out these current postings and apply today on LSA Engage.