The Kelsey Museum of Archaeology recognizes the diversity of our visitors, and we offer a variety of programs and services to ensure the accessibility of the Museum and its collection.
For general access information, call 734.647.4167.
For program information, call 734.647.4167 or email email@example.com.
More information about the University of Michigan and the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts’ commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, visit the following sites:
NEW! CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
- The ramp at the entrance to Newberry Hall on State Street will not be available during construction. Please continue to use our accessible entrance on Maynard Street. If you are attending a program at Newberry Hall, please call 734.764.9304 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make arrangements for your entry to the Museum.
- The sidewalk north of the Museum will be closed during construction. A crosswalk has been established across State Street in front of the Kelsey Museum entrance.
- All public areas of the Museum are wheelchair accessible. The Maynard Street entrance has power assist doors and there is elevator access to the second floor and Museum gift shop.
- All events in the Museum are wheelchair accessible; however, doors in the Newberry Wing are not on power assist.
- The Museum does not provide mobility devices but welcomes your personal walkers, wheelchairs, and motorized wheelchairs.
- Wheelchair-accessible restrooms are located on the first and second floor of the Upjohn Wing. Elevators are located in the Museum.
- There are permanent benches in several locations in the galleries.
Accessible Parking Locations
- On East William Street, near the corner of Maynard Street (one space). To get to the Kelsey from here, follow Maynard Street south, past the Helen Newberry Residence, on the east side of the street. The access the ramp to the Museum’s Maynard entrance is at the south side of the Upjohn Wing.
- On South State Street, across from the Kelsey Museum (one space). There is a crosswalk south of the parking space; you can also cross at the traffic light at William Street. Use the paved walkway just south of the Museum to access the Maynard Street entrance.
- Maynard Parking Structure, on Maynard Street, north of the Kelsey Museum (14 spaces). To get to the Kelsey from here, travel south on Maynard Street (to your right if coming from the Maynard side of the structure; left if exiting on Thompson Street). Follow Maynard Street to the Kelsey Museum (on left, past Helen Newberry Residence). The ramp to the Maynard entrance is at the south side of the Upjohn Wing.
Please refer to the accessible parking map for more information.