What does the Kelsey publish?
The Kelsey Museum of Archaeology has published the results of archaeological research conducted by the museum since our first expedition to Karanis, Egypt, in the 1920s. Over the years, the Kelsey’s publishing program has expanded to include site reports, exhibition catalogues and gallery guides, conference proceedings, and stand-alone scholarly monographs and popular books. For the marketing, sales, and distribution of our books, we collaborate with ISD.
We currently have five publications series:
- Kelsey Museum Publications Series: books and pamphlets about Kelsey collections, exhibitions, archaeological fieldwork, and conferences.
- Kelsey Museum Fieldwork Series: results of Kelsey-sponsored fieldwork projects.
- Kelsey Museum Studies Series: detailed scholarly catalogues of various collections housed in the Kelsey Museum. They are produced in collaboration with the University of Michigan Press.
- Kelsey Museum Newsletters: twice-annual (spring and fall) report on happenings at the Kelsey Museum.
- Kelsey Museum Annual Reports: since 2019, the Kelsey has produced a year-in-review in the form of an illustrated annual report.
Where can I buy Kelsey publications?
Are any Kelsey publications available as eBooks?
How can I get a copy of the Kelsey Newsletter?
The current issue of the Kelsey Museum Newsletter is available at the museum information desk. All past issues are available in PDF or HTML format on the Kelsey website. Full-color print editions are mailed to members of the Kelsey Museum. Visit our Membership page to learn more about membership options.