The University of Michigan PhD program offers cutting edge research in a collaborative environment.
- Top 15 Ranked Department
- Among top-10 funded chemistry departments in the U.S.
- Outstanding Benefits -- competitive stipend with low cost of living; healthcare coverage for you and your dependents
- Open access to instrumentation
- Research rotations in any of 50 groups
- Community of 250 graduate students
Look at these other pages to learn more:
- Pathway to a PhD lays out a typical program
- Financial Support explains in more detail your options for support. Our PhD students are fully-funded during their tenure here.
- How to Apply explains what we want to see in your application and how to submit it.
- Recruitment Weekends are an opportunity for admitted students to visit the department.