Pre-Karle Annual Alumni Reception
Join us for the Annual Alumni - Graduate Student networking event run in association with the Karle Symposium. In recent years, alumni of our Chemistry programs have come back to share advice with graduate students and postdocs about to embark on their own careers. Alumni have enjoyed meeting new students and reconnecting with their old lab mates. We have dubbed this program, ALUM|NUM. We have recently added URAN|UM, an undergraduate research symposium to the event. The event is usually the last Thursday in July or first Thursday in August.
A typical schedule
- Noon-1:30 -- Career Panel and Lunch
- 2:00-4:00 PM -- Speed Interviewing
- 4:00-5:30 PM -- Reception and Graduate Student Award Ceremony
with faculty, students, and alums
The event is hosted by the Department of Chemistry graduate student professional development organizations:
- CSIE|UM -- Chemical Science at the Interface of Education at UM
- CALC|UM -- Chemistry Aligned with Life and Career at UM
Also join us for the Karle Symposium. The event features graduate student research with talks and poster presentations. Alumni very welcome!