- Winter 2020 Undergraduate Courses
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Summer Field School: U-M Training Program in Archaeology - Now Accepting Applications!
- UMMAA Undergraduate Awards & Scholarship Opportunities
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program
- Current Graduate Student Resources
- International Travel
APPLICATIONS FOR 2020 UMMAA UNDERGRADUATE AWARDS WILL OPEN EARLY JANUARY, 2020
We invite you to return in early January, 2020 when U-M undergraduates in good academic standing can apply for funding of up to $2,000 through the Museum of Anthropological Archaeology to participate in a field or research opportunity related to anthropological archaeology. Priority will be given to Anthropology majors/minors who have not previously received Museum of Anthropological Archaeology awards or scholarships.
The application process requires:
- an online application
- a project description and budget
- ONE faculty member or GSI to fill out and submit the recommendation form
- an unofficial copy of your UM transcript
Your application materials as Word or PDF documents should be submitted to the Undergraduate Awards Coordinator at email@example.com.
Complete instructions, forms and link to the online application will be posted here in early Jan 2020.
Read about the experiences of the Undergraduate Award recipients for summer fieldwork here.
2019 Award recipients, with destinations of Peja, Kosovo and Morganton, NC:
- Martin Anderson
- Gabriella Armstrong
- Trevor McKinney
- Madeline Topor
- Ceilia Weberg
Additional funding is available through the Department of Anthropology, the University of Michigan and a variety of external sources. Click here for more information.