APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2019 FIELDWORK SEASON COMING SOON
Every February we invite applications from University of Michigan undergraduates in good academic standing to apply for funds to participate in a field or research opportunity related to anthropological archaeology. Priority will be given to Anthropology majors/minors who have not previously received Museum of Anthropological Archaeology awards or scholarships. Applications open in February, due early March, with decisions being announced early April.
The application process requires:
- an online application
- a project description and budget
- ONE faculty member or GSI to fill out and submit the recommendation form
- an unofficial copy of your UM transcript
Your application materials as Word or PDF documents should be submitted to the Undergraduate Awards Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org by the due date specified.
Complete instructions, forms and link to the online application will be posted here when available.
Read about the experiences of the 2018 summer fieldwork award recipients here, as well as those of prior year winners.
2018 Award recipients:
- Kristin Cimmerer (destination: Fairbanks/Delta Junction, Alaska)
- Hunter Muirhead (destination: Tatarstan, Russia)
- Xinglin Wang (destination: Central Alaska)
- Allegra Ward (destination Ilindentsi, Bulgaria)
- Adeleine Zeigen (destination North Stonington, Connecticut).