Accelerated Master’s Degree Program in Transcultural Studies
Do you anticipate a career involving international travel, cross-cultural partnerships, or collaborative work in a diverse workplace? The University of Michigan’s new accelerated MA program in Transcultural Studies can help you develop the historical, theoretical, and practical knowledge you need to navigate forward-looking career pathways in an increasingly cosmopolitan and globalized world. Transcultural Studies uses approaches from across the Humanities and Social Sciences to foster a critical and historically informed understanding of human communication and interaction across perceived boundaries of culture, nationality, race, and religious identity.
This interdisciplinary program is intended to provide both advanced training and a capstone experience for current LSA undergraduates who anticipate pursuing a PhD or working in business or non-profit contexts where intercultural competency and a critical framework for thinking systematically about connections, comparisons, and translations among human communities will be desirable skills.
- Earn a University of Michigan Master’s Degree on top of your BA with just one additional year of study following your senior year
- Begin taking graduate courses from a variety of departments as a senior to fulfill program requirements
- Complete a significant capstone project of your own design based on your major, your research interests, and your future career plans
- Incorporate internships and other experiential learning opportunities into a UM graduate degree program
- Be eligible for Rackham research grants and conference travel funding
**Only U-M undergraduate students currently enrolled in the College of Literature Science and the Arts at the University of Michigan are eligible to apply. Applications from outside of U-M will not be accepted.**
If you would like to schedule an appointment with a TCS adviser, please send a request to email@example.com.