The Prison Creative Arts Project brings those impacted by the justice system together with the University of Michigan community for artistic collaboration, mutual learning, and growth.
- We believe everyone has the capacity to create art.
- We place human connection at the center of our process.
- We join with community partners in the movement toward social justice through the arts.
- We welcome all people who wish to join PCAP’s work into our community at the University of Michigan.
- We recognize the power of diversity and of intersection between different parts of society to create learning opportunities.
- We celebrate artists, writers, and performers at all skill levels and provide support for artistic growth.
Read more about PCAP's programs and impact.