Date: November 4th-6th, 2015
The National Center for Institutional Diversity, in partnership with the University of Michigan’s Schools of Public Health and Medicine, convened leading scholars, practitioners, and community members in social and health policy to understand how to build support across multiple sectors to address the social environments that influence health. This convening established a national network committed to deepening our understanding and action towards:
- Identifying challenges to multisectoral collaboration to address the social determinants of health (SDOH);
- Developing a sustainable, action oriented national agenda to guide multisectoral collaboration focused on rapid and sustained improvement toward addressing the SDOH;
- Discussing how continued community-based efforts can be given greater impact socially and in a national strategy;
- Matching state and federal health priorities with what is being learned from successful community-based efforts; and
- Soliciting commitment from representatives of the philanthropic, academic, community, nonprofit, legal, and government sectors to collaborate to address the SDOH.