MIW Student Maggie Campbell with friends by the Washington Monument in 2015
- Although the MIW program is for juniors and seniors, entering freshmen are encouraged to build a roadmap of their four years and consider how a semester in Washington might support their educational and career aspirations. As an epicenter of politics and culture, there is something for students in every discipline in the capital.
- Students may apply beginning in their sophomore year. Admission is competitive. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed in February and September each year.
- Please visit M-Compass for forms and our application.
- MIW is open to students from all majors and colleges, including Ford, Ross, and Engineering.
- Early admission is recommended for students interested in internships that require security clearance (e.g., State Department, FBI, Department of Justice).