We believe that every MCSP student is committed to building a vibrant multicultural community, making a difference in the world through high quality community service and civic engagement, engaging in intergroup dialogue and considering different perspectives, broadening their awareness and understanding of social identities, and thinking critically about social justice.
- In addition to MCSP Course Requirements, all MCSP students must participate actively in the following MCSP Community and Program Activities as listed below.
- Participate each semester in at least 2 activities sponsored by the MCSP Programming Board (PBU).
- Participate each semester in at least 2 community service activities sponsored by the Peer Advisors for Community Service (PACS) or other MCSP-affiliated service groups (Flint Justice Partnership, HackBlue, Smile Bringer Singers, etc.).
- Participate each semester in at least 2 programs or dialogues sponsored by the Intergroup Relations Council (IRC).
- Meet at least twice each semester with your Peer Mentor and peer mentor group.
Moreover, we hold the following behavioral expectations for all members of MCSP:
- Model and contribute to building a strong, engaged, diverse community among your peers in the program.
- Provide high quality, respectful, and beneficial service to the community.Participate with honesty, openness, and respect in intergroup dialogues, hot topic discussions, and everyday interactions with all members of the MCSP community.
- Act with respect, sensitivity, and appreciation for every member of the UM community, including all MCSP students, staff, and faculty in MCSP, Housing staff, and people you meet throughout campus, whether in person or online.
- Make progress toward your academic and professional goals, take full advantage of UM’s academic support and counseling resources, and actively seek advice and support as needed.
- Support the academic success and emotional well-being of every member of the MCSP community and contribute to the vibrant intellectual environment within MCSP.
- Uphold the standards of Community Living at Michigan (CLAM) and the Statement of Student Rights and Responsibilities.