- German Studies
- Scandinavian Studies
- Dutch and Flemish Studies
- Yiddish Studies
- Language Clubs
- Scholarships, Awards, and Prizes
- Internships & Study Abroad
- Max Kade German Residence
- Placement Exams
- Careers in Germanic Studies
- Germanic Faculty to Lunch Program
- Transfer Credit
- Accelerated MA Program in Transcultural Studies
- Winter 2022 Course List
Requirements of Max Kade Participants
- Complete the equivalent of German 102/103 upon entry into the Max Kade House
- Active participation in at least three Max Kade activities each month (Kaffeestunde, Deutschtisch, Filmabend, etc.)
- Demonstrate willingness to communicate in German on a daily basis within the Max Kade community.
- Residents are not required to be fluent in German, or be enrolled in additional German courses, but interest in the German language and culture is a prerequisite.
Apply for AY 2022-23
Applications for the 2022-23 academic year (September 2022-April 2023) are open! Every interested student will need to submit an application, which includes an essay. The Max Kade Application is due January 14, 2022.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the application process.
Transfer students are welcome in Max Kade and may apply via the application form. Transfer students will receive instructions on how to access their online Housing application in the Housing portal when the enrollment deposit has been paid or has been officially waived by the Admissions Office.
Students interested in Max Kade are welcome to attend a Max Kade event to get an idea of what the community is like (e.g., Kaffeestunde, Deutschtisch). Please check the events calendar for the current schedule.