The "Take a Germanic Department Faculty Member to Lunch" program offers undergraduate students an opportunity to enjoy a FREE lunch with a Germanic Department faculty member(s). This program is designed to foster community and give students an opportunity to get to know faculty members outside of the classroom.
Lunches can take place on any Monday through Friday during the semester and are limited to a $50 voucher at campus locations (locations listed below). Coupons are available starting on Monday, October 17, 2016. As there are a limited number of coupons available each semester, coupons are available on a first come, first served basis. A student may sign out only one ticket per semester. Coupons expire Tuesday, April 18, 2017.
Here’s how the program works:
- Discuss with your classmates which Germanic Department faculty member(s) you want to invite to lunch.
- Go to the Germanic Department’s Main Office, 3106 Modern Languages Building, and sign out a lunch coupon. You need to be prepared to indicate who will attend the lunch (faculty and other students). Please bring your MCard.
- Set the time and location to meet for lunch.
- Redeem the coupon with a faculty member(s) at one of the following locations:
- Shapiro Undergraduate Library – Bert’s Café
- Palmer Commons - Fields Café
- Michigan League - Beanster’s Café
- Michigan Union - Ahmo’s Gyros & Deli, Au Bon Pain, Freshens, Panda Express, Starbucks, Subway, and Wendy’s
- Pierpont – Ahmo’s Gyros & Deli, Fireside Café, Fireside Roast, and Panda Express
- Take a picture during the lunch of your group and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. (We may post the picture on our website, Facebook, or Twitter.)
The program is open to Dutch and Scandinavian faculty as well as German faculty. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.