Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}


One of the special aspects of the Department of Classical Studies is the availability of Academic Advisors for our students. What can an advisor help you with?

  • Types of majors and minors
  • Program requirements
  • Scholarships and awards
  • Study abroad programs
  • Career opportunities
  • Graduate school

If you have questions, problems, or just want to talk about Classics, making an appointment to see an advisor is easy! Just email one of the advisors specializing in the field you are interested in, or contact our Undergraduate Coordinator with a general question. Remember to include your student number and a list of times you are available.

FAQs About Graduation

Why do I have to apply for graduation?

In LS&A you have to apply in order to graduate; the reason for applying is to have the College officially verify that you have satisfied all the requirements for your degree. The College doesn’t graduate you automatically as soon as requirements are met because students have the right to stay longer if they wish.

What forms do I need to submit for graduation?

  • Apply for the graduation term in which all degree requirements will be complete by going into the Student Business section of Wolverine Access. Students completing requirements in Spring term should apply for summer graduation. 
  • Make an Appointment with each of your major and minor advisors to get a ‘release.’ This will inform you and the auditors of your remaining requirements.
  • Review Your Official Audit when it arrives to your email. The information in this audit will be
    used for your final graduation evaluation, so make sure you understand  and agree with it!
  • Follow Up with Changes or Questions. Are you dropping a course that is required in your official audit? Get a new release! Want to drop a major or minor or change your graduation date? Contact the  auditors at!