The Herbarium Library is included in the Museums Library, which is part of the University of Michigan Library, and collects materials about plant systematics, floristics, and monographic studies. It is serviced by the same staff as the Museums Library, though a separate key is required for access.
- U-M Library Search searches the library's catalog, articles, databases, online journals, and website. You can use advanced searching to limit your catalog search to Herberium Library items.
- Access to rare and special books in the Museums and Herbarium Collections have been digitized and and are available online via the HathiTrust Digital Library.
- During staffed hours, materials can be checked out in the Museums Library, room 1050. To borrow items outside of our regularly staffed hours, use the self-checkout machine onsite with your Mcard or valid guest library card.
- Students, staff, and faculty can take advantage of a number of pick up or delivery services.
- Find more information about how to find, borrow, or request items.
Renew or Return
- Books borrowed from the Herbarium Library may be renewed online or at any U-M Library Information Services desk.
- Return books to any library location.