Global Scholars Program's Annual Conference: Global Citizenship in the Age of COVID-19
Global citizenship is a popular idea among many of us, yet we do not always conceptualize or actualize it in the same ways. This conference is an opportunity to share interdisciplinary approaches to global citizenship, with emphasis on how we put this idea into practice.
The Global Scholars Program (GSP), in partnership with the School of Public Health and the International Institute, hosted the fourth annual Global Citizenship in Practice (GCIP) conference in a webinar format on February 19, 2021. The theme was "Global Citizenship in the Age of Covid-19", and all panelists were former members of GSP.
February 19, 2021
1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. (EST)
Global Scholars Alumnx Panelists:
- Cachet Colvard, Cleveland Clinic, Abu Dhabi
- Munmun Khan, Centers for Disease Control, U.S.
- Ariana Paredes-Vincent, Centers for Disease Control, South Africa
GSP Advisory Council Co-hosts:
- Varsha Kumar, student of LSA Biophysics & Ross Business Administration
- Amanda Teschner, student of LSA Sociology
Sponsored by the Global Scholars Program with the International Institute & School of Public Health and Co-sponsored by the Honors Program, Michigan Community Scholars Program, Health Sciences Scholars Program, Michigan Research and Discovery Scholars, and Residential College