The Eisenberg Institute for Historical Studies supports funding requests for conferences, symposia, workshops, visiting speakers, teaching-related activities, and other programs that enrich the community of historians at the University of Michigan. The institute invites two types of proposals:
- Eisenberg Forums: substantial conference/symposium/workshop concerning historical scholarship; typically a one- or two-day event
- Amount: $2,000; two awards for each academic year
- Application Deadline: January 28, 2022 for events taking place in academic year 2022-23
- Standard Requests: occasional guest speakers, workshops, or other events
- Amount: varies; typically $250
- Application Deadline: rolling
For additional information, include eligibility and other details, please refer to Funding Request Application Form (Word Doc / Fillable PDF).