Seven faculty members have received 2022 Harold R. Johnson Diversity Service Awards, and another was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award, for their contributions to the development of a culturally and ethnically diverse University of Michigan community.
Established in 1996, the annual award is given by the Office of the Provost in honor of Harold Johnson, dean emeritus of the School of Social Work.
This year’s recipients are:
- Jonathan Ford Finks, Medical School.
- Gary Freed, Medical School, School of Public Health.
- Odest Chadwicke Jenkins, College of Engineering.
- Ramaswami Mahalingam, LSA.Damani James Partridge, LSA.
- Charles Ransom, University Library.
- Sara Soderstrom, LSA, Stephen M. Ross School of Business, School for Environment and Sustainability.