June 1-5, 2015
Math Undergraduates Receive Goldwater Scholarships
Mathematics majors, Jonathan Haefner and Karl Winsor, have won prestigious Goldwater Scholarships for STEM. The Barry Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Program provides $7500 scholarships to "highly qualified scientists, mathematicians and engineers who intend to pursue research careers in these fields."
Provost's Teaching Innovation Prize
Jill Halpern, Comprehensive Studies Program Lecturer IV in Mathematics, has received a Teaching Innovation Prize for her course Equal Opportunity 2.0: Calculus in the Commons.
Areas of Need in Mathematics - Additional information on these and other initiatives.
Student Support - Expendable funds help our students achieve their educational goals.
Donald J. Lewis Professorship - The fund honors our long time leader and colleague.
Center for Inquiry Based Learning - This innovative method is proving to be effective in teaching mathematics.
- Bloch, Borcea and Lam named 2015 Simons Fellows April 2, 2015
- Donald J. Lewis, 1926--2015 February 26, 2015
- Andrew Snowden named 2015 Sloan Fellow February 24, 2015
- NEW PROGRAM: Quantitative Finance and Risk Management Program is Live January 23, 2015
- Graduate Students Olivia Walch and Matt Jacobs winners at MHacks event January 22, 2015
- Mathematics AIM PhD alumni Steven Flores interviewed in Physics Letters A January 21, 2015