A Night in Ann Arbor - Max Raabe meets our students.
Welcome to Germanic Languages & Literatures
Graduate and undergraduate students will be guided by faculty with deep methodic training and experience in German and Comparative Literature, History, Political Science, Film Studies, Linguistics, Sociology, Philosophy, Business, and Music. Many of our faculty have joint appointments in corresponding departments—they are interdisciplinarians.
Our courses are wide-ranging, challenging, and just plain fun! Descriptions of each language program are available through the links above.
- Johannes von Moltke receives 2015 LSA John Dewey Award June 1, 2015
- Summer Office Hours! May 21, 2015
- Graduation Photos Available! May 14, 2015
- The Invention and Inversion of the German National Landscape by Jewish Filmmakers 1918-1968
Speaker: Ofer Ashkenazi (Hebrew University, Jerusalem)
- 05:30 PM
- Annual Grilk Lecture
Speaker: Andreas Huyssen (Columbia)
- 07:00 PM
- 2015 Graduate Student Conference Chronopolis: Time & Urban Space
Speaker: Bettina Stoetzer (MIT); Andreas Huyssen (Columbia)
10/30/2015 - 10/31/2015;
- 05:00 PM